September 8, 2008

Monday Tidbits ...

Till yesterday we did not know it,
Even tomorrow, we may not know it,
The death to this trunk which is the body that we see today,
Know we not when it is.
We do not know what we were in the last birth,
We do not know what we will be in the next birth,
Even in this birth in this human body,
Know we not when all this is going to end.

This is the English translation of the famous 'Jyanapana' by Poonthanam.
My knowledge or exposure to vedanta is limited or honestly nil.But then jyanapana was a simple poem which I used to chant every evening assuming it is a prayer song.But for some reason I feel that this wonderful work is a nutshell of the so called 'Life'.We run around grabbing all that we can get hold of,every step pre planned and scheduled.But we hardly get time to realise the truth that we might have to stop the race even without a warning.There can come a crazy fraction of a second which is gonna pull you back to where we all started.But what drives us to our destination is the ignorance of this truth.Once we are enlightened,we might never run again and give up this race which we might finish with a Gold!Well few weeks ago I had a wonderful enlightenment !A'coming back to life'.I have called myself unlucky a zillion times,But a luck wrapped me up and lifted off that dark shadow which had been following ever since I lost faith in Lord.Never knew my own prejudices might betray me.But now I see the path ahead and behind, in the same bright sunlight.But without my own shadow.
The excitement comes in that uncertainty we have in our minds.Life is more complicated than Ekta Kapoor serials!Even after years the clock continues ticking,but all the actors look fresh and flamboyant!Its because we never know when and where is the climax.So do keep watching the recaps and precaps.To be Continued....

PS: Lately I have been criticized for the lack of structure,spellings,grammar etc.I am really sorry to disappoint all those who sincerely wanted me to improve..Its too late I guess.. :P
I just hate editing!!

No comments: