October 8, 2009

Treasure Hunt

I was wondering what would make me get an admission in Wharton school even if I have a full GMAT score?To make it more simple how do I stand out from others?This question has been haunting me for the past couple of months.I have been thinking what would make me different?How will I leave a mark on this globe?.How can I make my life meaningful?Most of the people I come across lead a mechanical life.They have temporary goals and most have them try to make a difference to their dear ones.Many of us are really not bothered.We feel a common person like us can never stand out in this crowd.But I guess its worth thinking once in a while 'What makes me different'?Being a jack of all trades never takes you anywhere,You have to be a master,A master of your soul and also that special 'thing' which makes you glitter much more than those zillion stars around us.I wonder when would other stars smile at me?I am still wondering what is that unique gift God has hidden in me.Discovering that would be the greatest treasure hunt for each one of us :).Its never late.Let us all think at least for a second.What is that hidden treasure which would help us leave a mark ?Lets make a difference to someone if not everyone. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us are unique and stand out. But human nature is to blend in. We (lower mortals :-)) have temporary goals, as experience has taught us to be practical and set achievable goals. We should learn to set higher goals each time and to grow. Learn from mistakes rather than lament upon the consequences. That makes you step back and not forward. Rather than set higher goals, you'll be extra careful and set something very safe. Instead you should contemplate on why you failed and apply the learnings.

And the hidden talent.. :-) well if you find it now, what will you do the rest of your life? :-D What if its something as simple as your smile? which really brighten's somebody's day? Will you ever know that? That's the mystery we call life...

Anupama.... said...

Go ahead in your treasure hunt...Once u find it out,I believe,you'll never be bored at what you are doing.