January 24, 2009

Curious Case of BN

I am feeling very homesick today.Tried to flip through the old pictures,old memories and even listened to the songs I used to hear at home.Tried to talk about my home,my routines,my school  and what not.But then at some point I just couldnt talk more,felt like I forgot the dream I had yesterday.I know I can never get those days back.
"What would you like to do now"-This was an innocuous question my friend asked me over a chat today.Though he was expecting me to say'Lets playscrabble in facebook'  I had a different answer and it was ...
I wanna go to SM Street in Calicut with my friends.Get down near Manchira sqaure and walk in the crowd and get inside the triveni store.On my way, I want to pray in front of the Hanuman Kovil for a minute and rush to the store and see the latest school items.Checking the list in my pocket I want to head to TBS and get a few books and stationaries.Head back to Koyenco Bazar and have a Sharjah from the corner shop.Window shop the latest salwars and 'gulp' at those price tags.Get an to Mezban with an anxiety.Sit in our favourite table and start the usual gossip sessions ordering fish fingers and kababs followed by the Kadai Biriyani.Spil the coke bottle like I always do.Burp-Time to walk to the Baskin Robbins.Walking in the dust and rush near BMH I wanna look around and comment on those couples from our college who have come to the city to hang out.Get an auto back from BMH to the Palayam stand I wanna hear the drivers and Kilis shouting 'Mukkam -REC..Mukkam REC'
Step into those flamboyant private buses and get hold of the 3 seater next to the driver.Open my purse and give Rs 12..Fasten those invisible belts for the roller coaster ride
Close my eyes and 'Lift shadows off a Day' till I see the hoard 'NIT Calicut'
I miss Calicut!I miss my Home!


4 comments:

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

..And these were major reasons as to why I joined IIMK :-)..
"Get an auto back from BMH to the Palayam stand I wanna hear the drivers and Kilis shouting 'Mukkam -REC..Mukkam REC"
-- C'mon, u can get NITC bus from BMH too..why go back to Palayam :)

Chellu said...

Well if I have to get a seat next to the driver and avoid the 'hanging monkey' ride.I have to get the bus from Palayam..

Rakesh said...

wow.. u've really made me nostalgic.. now I don't feel like working at all.. feel like crashing on my bed, close my eyes and go to sleep with the hope that I'll dream about all those things that you've just written...

Unknown said...

That was a good one..I long for Calicut so often too..